Friday, March 21, 2014

An upcoming game of interest

I consider myself a casual gamer. I don't purchase each and every big release that comes out or drool over the next generation consoles. I just play what I feel is worth my time and is legitimately fun. But good grief, there are so many games that lack imagination these days! Everything has gone downhill towards really grim, gritty shooters that are uninspired and have almost no story. Blagh.

Most online games aren't much better. They thrive on repetition of the exact same activities over and over and over and over... Doesn't help that online MMOs attract the scum of the earth. What was it that Obi Wan said when looking upon Mos Eisly Spaceport? You shall never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Fits MMOs perfectly.

Your typical online gaming community.
However, on rare occasions you find a game that has some actual charm, that takes a risk to try something new and, dare I say it? Fun! And, as I mentioned in my last post, I'm a bit of a fan of things related to dinosaurs. Very few dinosaur games surprisingly. But lo and behold I have recently come across information for a new game which may in fact actually have promise! It is called The Stomping Land, there main site can be found here: http://www.thestompingland.com/

At last, a game that doesn't rely primarily on fully automatic weapons and explosions to keep an audiences attention! I am a HUGE lover of the concept of hunting dinosaurs and this is one of the precious few games that takes to the concept, which I feel is criminally underused.

While this game is still in development I have a good feeling about this one. It has a lot of survivalist elements to it and appears to be very immersive. I very much like the fact that it has tracking elements, something that any outdoorsman can appreciate. Tracking and hunting dinosaurs in a changing environment, relying on skill and cunning rather than abusive language? Somebody pinch me!

I'm going to keep my eyes on this thing for a bit and will hopefully be able to play it upon its release, in which case I'll be sure to let ya'll know how it plays in case all four of my readers are curious.

Hooray for The Stomping Land! Hmmm, hunting dinosaurs... I believe there are a few pieces of literature upon that subject... Stay tuned for more writing information!

No comments:

Post a Comment