Thursday, September 18, 2014

My first con: The Weird West Fest!

At last, months of planning and scheming are about to come to fruition! Having successfully shanghaied a friend and ransomed enough money I have mustered sufficient resources to go to the Weird West Fest in Giddings Texas. This is only the second one they've had, but I'm hoping it will be a fun time! http://www.weirdwestfest.com/festival-info/

Pray for me though folks, as I must take one of the most terrifying modes of transportation known to man: Plane. I know, I know, statistically it is the safest way to travel. The thing is I can walk away from a bus if it suddenly runs out of gas. I've kind of got a thing regarding heights. Or to put it more bluntly, being more than my own height off the ground instills gut-wrenching terror into my very soul. So I've requested a seat away from the windows because I'm not overly keen on seeing The World beneath me. Hopefully I will not pass out or chew through my tongue in fright. No pressure!

Once on the ground though things should be way more fun. Can't wait to meet all sorts of fun gents at Giddings and perhaps spend a penny or two on loot!

Well, take care folks! I've got some packing to do! I leave tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment