Monday, October 14, 2019

Podcasts?

Confessional time folks: I've been wondering for a long time if I should do podcasts. I've had complete strangers tell me I should get into radio. Apparently I've got the voice and face for radio, heh. I've been really shy about trying my hand it heavily because it involves me working with programs that I'm entirely unfamiliar with. Me trying to learn new programs is like a neanderthal trying to figure out a Chinese puzzle box. It's confusing, pathetic, and usually ends up with a smashed, smoking, flaming box.

But I've had a few programs suggested to me, including this one here: https://screencast-o-matic.com/plans

Called Screenomatic. Have any of you used this contraption? Is it any good? Can a borderline neo-luddite like myself work it? And do ya'll think I should get into doing podcasts?

Thoughts and advice would be much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering. What would you talk about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda whatever I want. Talk about a lot of movies, books, shows, history, all kinds of things.

      Delete
    2. Having a theme for the podcast might be a good idea. You don't always have to follow it, but it would make the podcast stand out.

      There are other questions: How long is it going to be? Is it just you or are you going to work with someone else? Will you have guests?

      I don't mean to tell you what to do, but they are questions you have to ask.

      Delete
    3. No it's fine, these are good questions. It's kind of tricky because there's a lot I want to discuss and talk about.

      And man, the length could be as short as ten minutes to as long as an hour or more, and yes there will hopefully be guests.

      Delete