Friday, March 8, 2019

You Crossed The Line

Oh boy. PETA did a number this time. I have no love for PETA on their best day. I find them to be extremely judgmental, unrealistic and hypocritical. I'm pretty used to that from them and have come to expect to see them yelling at people for eating meat while at the same time they execute another dog without a home. They're like Planned Parenthood for animals, and yet they claim to have the moral high ground.

But then they had to fire shots at one of the most legendary men that has ever walked this Earth, Steve Irwin. He was one of my childhood heroes. That man was one of the most passionate and dicey guys that ever sucked wind. Day in and day out he went into hand to hand with the most dangerous animals on the planet, rescuing them, teaching people, and just plain having fun with a good wrestle. The man dedicated his entire life to wildlife.

His death was tragic, and not in the usual obligatory news way of tragedy when someone dies. No, him dying was like losing a part of our entire planetary culture. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but I honestly believe that.

And now, because of Google putting up a cute drawing of him on their banner on this legend's birthday, PETA, presumably tired of smothering puppies, decided they needed to attack someone and focused on that. Yes PETA, attack on the man who saved more animals on a weekend than you've saved throughout your entire existence as an organization. Attack the man who dedicated his entire life to helping both man and beast, while being an absolute beast himself. Attack the man who became a living legend and died doing what he loved. Attack the man who was one in a billion, who lived the way most children dream of living in their wildest flights of fancy. Attack the man who was a hundred times more epic than you on his worst day.

PETA, you have no honor, and no room to criticize. And I honestly believe that they attacked him to compensate for their own profound shortcomings. He accomplished more than they can ever fathom, and they hate him for that. Maybe I'm just giving them the attention that they want. I don't care. I'm going to defend my childhood hero.

Sigh. Please forgive me if this was more aggressive than my usual posts. But this struck a nerve. I have no patience or respect for PETA. Instead I'll try to end this on a positive note. Steve Irwin has passed on, but he has left a legacy that no one can tarnish. The world is a lesser place without him, and I still miss him. But he still serves as an epic example.

No comments:

Post a Comment