Saturday, April 11, 2015

Hey Feds, weren't you supposed to HELP people?

I remember a few years back during the craze and rage over Obamacare I began thinking over the whole system, and actually quickly deduced that not only would it not work, but it would more likely harm the people it was intended to help. Time and again I was proven correct in this supposition. Sometimes it sucks being right.

For the past few years I've been on the bare minimum of healthcare of any kind, since most of it is now likely to result in me suffering more problems than will be solved. Stitches for gashes? Hah! I've got superglue and duct tape for that. But there are some things you just can't solve with aspirin and gause. Wisdom teeth are one of those.

I've only had one of my wisdom teeth removed, and for the past few years I've experienced differing levels of discomfort and pain in my jaw. I've literally had my wisdom teeth cut through my gums at points to say hi to the world, but for the most part it's been easy to ignore. The last few weeks however I've been experiencing much worse jaw pain.

Then this morning, lo and behold, I discovered that I couldn't close my mouth all the way. Whenever I closed it the rear gums on the left side of my mouth literally got in the way because they had gotten so swollen. That was somewhat horrifying. When I did try it was like I was chewing through raw tissue, although the swelling has gone down somewhat.

So I mention this to my mom, and discover that we're trying to find a new dentist. Our old one was awesome. Family friend, member of our church, he was a good guy who helped us out when we had issues before and worked things out for us since life hasn't been overly kind. But no longer, because they won't accept Fed insurance. So now what am I supposed to do? I guess I'll invest in some aspirin. I think I'll need it. Some types of pain just aren't that easy to deal with.

Anyway, frigging thanks Obamacare. My bleeding, savaged mouth tissue appreciates your efforts. Anything else you'd like to screw up? Gotta tell you, it's a short list. Muttermuttergrumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment