Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm aim to write myself some books

Well, might as well come out with it now as things are proceeding along nicely. I aim to do some self publishing. For a good while I've had concepts rattling around in my noggin, ideas of world building and adventure that it seems no one else is doing.
Ever since I was a kid I've had all kinds of little fantasies after watching things like Jurassic Park and Valley of Gwangi about brave men in older times battling and hunting dinosaurs. But lets be honest, most movies and games involving these elements are pretty bad. Syfy channel has beaten almost every piece of enjoyment out of those concepts, so it seems up to authors to re-inject the awesome back into such ideas. The Dinosaur Wars trilogy was bloody awesome, featuring some decent science fiction elements, a decent line up of character, spectacular action and overall produced a good story.
http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Wars-Thomas-Hopp/dp/0595146449

I however am aiming for something a little different. Or very different. I don't want to say too much at the moment, but I'm gearing up for something that I haven't seen anyone else do. So keep your eyes peeled for an update, cuz that's when the fun details will start leaking out. Lets hope I have the writing skill to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment